Thursday, July 15, 2010

So I Broke Down...

So today I caved after a trip through Walmart walking past the card aisle. Normally I do very well just walking by, thinking to myself, if I saved this 20 I can put it towards a hobby box or some singles later. However, after reading all the hoopla over 2010 Allen & Ginter, I decided to purchase a blaster and see what I get.

Pack 1

309 Casey McGehee (SP)
19 Tommy Hanson
131 Tyler Flowers
210 Chris Johnson
Mini 240 (Ad Back) Aaron Hill
This Day In History: CC Sabathia

Pack 2

8 Miguel Tejada
217 James Shields
273 David Dejesus
145 Jim Thome
Mini LO11 Lords of Olympus Uranus
This Day in History: Josh Hamilton

Pack 3

144 Stuart Scott
143 Jorge Posada
123 Mariano Rivera
333 Roy Oswalt (SP)
Mini 341 Jon Garland
This Day in History: Jonathan Broxton

Pack 4

30 Rafael Furcal
198 A.J. Pierzynski
194 Nyjer Morgan
292 Chris Pettit
Mini SSS1 Sailors of the Seven Seas Christopher Columbus
This Day in History Derrek Lee

Pack 5

Checklist 1/4
347 Orlando Cabrera (SP)
65 Andre Ethier
274 Nick Markakis
135 Ken Blackburn
Mini 273 David Dejesus
This Day in History: Billy Butler

Pack 6

69 Clay Buchholz
164 Kyle Blanks
195 Sergio Santos
54 Tony Hawk
Mini WB4 World's Biggest Tree
This Day in History: Jake Peavy

Pack 7

305 Kelly Johnson (SP)
296 Barry Zito
33 Bengie Molina
286 Revolving Door
Mini 127 (Ad Back) Albert Pujols
This Day in History: Troy Tulowitzki

Pack 8

118 Eric Young Jr.
253 Adam Moore
270 Max Poser
148 Anne Donovan
Mini National Animals King Cobra
This Day in History: Francisco Rodriguez





I understand why people love A&G, it seems like a fun set. However there are just a few too many cards in the set that turns me off to it. First, pulling a Stuart Scott card kinda annoyed me. I can't stand his "personality" on ESPN to begin with, I can't understand what he has done to get a baseball card of himself. GAG! A mini card of the world's largest tree?! Ok topps, if you think that makes for a good card congrats!

I do like the Sailors of the Seven Seas, and the Lords of Olympus set. I like the cards, I think it seems like a solid purchase. Design seems to be simple and pretty much the same as the last few years. It just kinda has a classy look to it which makes me happy. Also, in my blaster I did not have any problems with damage to the cards, maybe if I got a hobby box it would be different. Will I buy more...maybe...do I want to buy more...not really.

No comments: